Stirring


Stirring
There is a pull toward the light
There is a draw toward the shore
There is a fearful, dreadful dawning
Which my heart cannot ignore


There is a hope that had been sleeping
Locked in a dream inside my chest
Now in the deep, I feel it stirring
Breaking my peace, robbing my rest


What does it mean? Hope like a tyrant
What is this Love? Love like a sword
They always said the truth was freeing 
Not that the Truth demanded more


Some distant whisper, rippling waters
Only I can't make out the words
Strong as thunder but soft as the breezes
Crisp like the call of a morning bird


Somewhere, a pain I cannot take 
Hints of a force too strong to bear
But if only it's not so strong I break
There is a future waiting there


There, in a gleam of white and gold,
There's a horizon, bright and bold
Here is a call 
      I can't forget
Here is a dare 
       that must be met 
Here is a promise to be kept
Here is a leap that must be leapt

Into the deep




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zygote

Recital

What Wondrous Love is